Hey guys 🙂
I have here for you another DIY post. It’s how to make you’re own scrub. This scrub moisturises and exfoliates so it is brilliant for the colder months when our skin is going through hell with the cold and central heating etc. I was looking for a good present and found this on Michelle Phan’s Youtube and since she is brilliant I wanted to try making it. The good thing I find is that when making these yourself you know what you’re putting into it and also it won’t cost much. I did this scrub for my mum and my bf’s mum last year and they both loved it. My mum has dry skin and my bf’s mum has combination so it works for all skin types.
So first what you need, the ingredients are:
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Honey (does not have to be organic)
- ½ Cup Organic Sugar (does not have to be organic)
- Measuring utensils
- 1 Chopstick or stirring stick
- 1 Clean container
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to your container.
- Next, add the honey.
- Add the sugar to the mixture.
- Stir well with the chopstick or stirring stick.
- Wash your face and make sure your makeup is completely removed before applying the scrub
- Use a tiny spatula to scoop 1 little scoopful, and apply all over your face
- Scrub in broad, circular motion (avoid your eye area!)
- After about 60 seconds, rinse off the mixture
- Pat dry your face
- Use only at nighttime, but not recommended for nightly use. If you have sensitive skin, try using it once a week. If you have oily skin, twice using it once a week or every 3-4 days.
The scrub should last you for about 30 days.
Here is the video I watched from Michelle Phan on making this scrub, you can watch here
Thank you for reading and let me know what you think. Have you tried making your own scrub before? Do you use different ingredients? I would love to know 🙂
You are Beautiful!